Name: Roberto O. Fernández Crisial
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Role: Sr. Principal DevOps Engineer
Expert at: Helping teams to succeed. Cloud native solutions. DevOps adoption 🙂
Favorite apps/tools: Kubernetes, Terraform and Vim.
Currently watching: Many series and Movies... you know, Awards season is here!
Currently reading: None. I'm not a real reader...does documentation count?!
This question is not only related to technologies. A challenge is not always building the most resilient infrastructures, I think a great challenge is to know people and build resilient teams.
The people. I had the chance to work with different people from different cultures and when you realize they have the same vision and same goals to success in what they are best, that's priceless. Cooperation and knowledge transfer/sharing is what I think the key to achieve them.
I can say my productivity hack is to keep my agenda well organized. Find the correct time for necessary meetings (trying to avoid non-necessary ones), focus (90%) in between meetings to solve issues and make progress on ongoing work tasks; and rest the mind, the other 10%.
I think this was something completely natural. I got my first computer when I was 4 y/o (it was a Texas Instrument TI-99/4A ❤️), but I think the main factor to become an Engineer was to solve problems, issues and situations with different (and sometimes few) tools. I always considered myself a kind of nerd for that.
The future is now, so ML and IA I think are the next steps to learn something "new". About the future's future, we will see what's next.